Friday, September 14, 2012

{Pauley's Pullover}

The September installment of the Sewing For Boys sew-along is Pauley's Pullover. 
Perfect for Fall, which should be coming around soon...I hope.
 
This skill level on this pattern is labeled "beginner" and I definately agree.  I was able to whip this out in about an hour from start to finish.
 
 I am determined to get my stash of fabric down to a more manageable size so I pulled some fabric from the rather large pile and got started. 
 


I found some soft and cute Sock Monkey fleece I had bought as a remnent.  It had a hole in it and was only 1/2 yard but the pattern called for 7/8 yard.  I traced out the pattern (size 2/3) and to my suprise I was able to get the front, back and both sleeves cut out even having to dodge the hole.  I also managed to get a little extra length on the front and back. 
 
 
For the neck band I used a red rib knit.  I enjoyed making the v-neck, it was much easier than I expected.  The only other things I have made with a v-neck are scrubs and it's a little trickier to get the point of the v to lay nicely.
 
Of course I had to change things up a bit.  Instead of making a casing and drawstring I added a 2 inch waist band made of red rib knit and inserted elastic in it.
 
 
This way I got a little more added length too. 
 
I did the same for the cuffs on the sleeves. 
 
 
I really like how it turned out and I can't wait for some cooler weather. 
I'm dreaming of playing in the falling leaves and visiting the pumpkin farm!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment