The September installment of the Sewing For Boys sew-along is Pauley's Pullover.
Perfect for Fall, which should be coming around soon...I hope.
This skill level on this pattern is labeled "beginner" and I definately agree. I was able to whip this out in about an hour from start to finish.
I am determined to get my stash of fabric down to a more manageable size so I pulled some fabric from the rather large pile and got started.
I found some soft and cute Sock Monkey fleece I had bought as a remnent. It had a hole in it and was only 1/2 yard but the pattern called for 7/8 yard. I traced out the pattern (size 2/3) and to my suprise I was able to get the front, back and both sleeves cut out even having to dodge the hole. I also managed to get a little extra length on the front and back.
For the neck band I used a red rib knit. I enjoyed making the v-neck, it was much easier than I expected. The only other things I have made with a v-neck are scrubs and it's a little trickier to get the point of the v to lay nicely.
Of course I had to change things up a bit. Instead of making a casing and drawstring I added a 2 inch waist band made of red rib knit and inserted elastic in it.
This way I got a little more added length too.
I did the same for the cuffs on the sleeves.
I really like how it turned out and I can't wait for some cooler weather.
I'm dreaming of playing in the falling leaves and visiting the pumpkin farm!