Saturday, October 6, 2012

{Gearing Up...}

...for Kids Clothes Week Challenge hosted by elsie marlie that begins in just 2 short days.  This is a great way to join in with other people all over the world who are committing to sew for their kids (or grandkids, nieces, nephews, neighbor's kid) for at least 1 hour a day for a week.
 
 
I've been gathering piles of fabric, contemplating patterns and making lists of all the wonderful things I would love to make for my kiddo (and his cousins).  I'm trying to use up some of my fabric stash and hope to only have to buy a few little things to complete my projects.  So far my list is:

*  2 Black Cat Halloween costumes for my nieces
*  Slippers for Milo  -- drafting my own pattern using guidance from this tutorial from Made By Rae
*  Wool trousers fully lined with knit for Milo-- probably Heartbreaker Pants pattern from Sewing For Boys with a few
     modifications
*  Faux fur hat and mittens lined with fleece for my niece -- still need to find or make a pattern


*  Gray Microfleece footie pajamas for Milo -- drafted my own pattern
*  Gray knit with monsters footie pajamas for Milo -- my pattern
*  Blue puppy flannel pajamas for Milo -- Goodnight Sweetheart pattern from Sewing For Boys
*  Cotton-backed satin pajamas for my niece -- still contemplating a pattern


*  Hooded jacket for Milo upcycled from Men's Hoodie and a flannel shirt -- drafting my own pattern

 
Well that's kind of big list for one week so maybe I should get started now :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment