While making a pair of treasure pocket pants I thought they would make great shorts for the summer too. Since it's Kids Clothes Week Challange I figured now was as good a time as any to try it out. I used fabrics I already had and the pair of dinosaur shorts turned out wonderful.
Fabric: medium weight denim with embroidered dinosaurs from Jo-Ann
medium weight olive green denim from Jo-Ann
Dinosaur print remnant that I think was from Wal*Mart
Pattern: Treasure Pocket Pants from the Sewing For Boys book
Adaptation: All I really had to do was cut about 6 inches off of the bottom of the legs. Since the pant legs are pretty straight, the hem facing piece was even the correct size so no changes had to be made to it. I didn't have much of the print fabric so I only used it on the upper side panel and the hem facings.
Unfortunately I didn't position my pattern pieces quite right and one of the dinosaurs was decapitated when the waistband went on, oops!