Sunday, February 10, 2013

{Sewing For Boys Sew Along~~Wrap-Up}

I can hardly believe that it has been a whole year of Sewing For Boys!  I participated in 10 of the 12 months, May and November were just too busy to get sewimg accomplished.  I really enjoyed the challanges of learning new techniques and the opportunity to sew items I might not have tried before.  Stacey at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts did a wonderful job hosting this sew along and providing us with great prizes each month.  I was fortunate to win a beautiful bag that she made.  I have already used it many times. Thank You so much for this great year long sewing-fest.
 

Raw Edge Raglan Tee (January 2012) -- I conquered sewing with lycra/spandex & tried my hand at reverse applique.

Kickin' Back Sweats (February) -- Used French Seams and top-stitching seam allowances flat for a more finished look and comfortable fit.

Easy Linen Shirt (March) -- Tried the Turn and Stitch method of finishing the seams in conjuction with hem facings on the bottom and sleeve cuffs.  Added topstitching to give it a little more interesting look

Treasure Pocket Pants (April) -- Again used French Seams to finish these pants.  Also used microfleece to make applique on pant leg and the seat of the pants.

Henry Shirt (June) -- Learned how to attach yoke/sleeve piece that was cut on the bias.  It was a bit tricky but turned out great.

Heartbreaker Pants (July) -- First time making pants with adjustable elastic in the back of the waistband.

Luka Hoodie (August) --  I decided to add a zipper instead of buttons to the front closure and that was a challange.  I also added an elastic cord at the waist band.  Loved how the secret pocket was made.

Pauley's Pullover (September) -- Attaching a v-neck binding.  So much easier than the scrubs I used to make with a v-neck.

Goodnight Sweetheart Pajamas (October) --  The pattern I have made the most.  Jammies that are so comfortable and so cute.  I added cuffs to the pants and the shirt sleeves in a coordinating fabric.

2 In 1 Jacket (December 2012/January 2013) -- First time attemping welt pockets.  I need to practice this some more.
 
Check out the Sewing For Boys Sew Along Flickr Group to see all the wonderful boy clothes that the participants sewed over the last year.  There are some great things there!

No comments:

Post a Comment